I started out the week going out on a wild goose chase for a particular ski jacket we needed to a model a men’s Delta coat after. We figured we’d be able to find one at the Macy’s on 7th Ave, but I ended up having to go all the way to a sports store in the Flatiron District. Luckily, the weather has practically been like summer! I definitely enjoyed getting out of the office and exploring Manhattan, but of course walking over twenty blocks in heels was not as enjoyable.
This week we also realized that the pattern I had been working on last week needed to be re-designed. We were trying to use the print I created for a fabric that’s being put into development, but the floral motifs were too small and delicate. The appliqués we’re trying to create will be cut and stitched by hand, so they need to be larger and less complicated. I had to redraw the floral elements and spend more time placing them onto our jacket pattern. It took a lot of experimentation and redoing to get right, but we were finally able to send everything out for development. I’m excited to see the prototypes since I’ve put so much time and effort into perfecting this piece! I’m hoping the end result will be just as I imagine it.