By Samantha Schiano
From histories and biographies to informational and theoretical texts, fashion books not only, hands down, make the BEST coffee table books, but are inspiring and informative as well. Personally, I am a collector of coffee table books of all sizes, specifically in fashion. From large texts the size of textbooks to smaller “normal” size texts, I do not discriminate. I absolutely love the idea of coffee table books. I already know that when I have my own place, I will have coffee table books all over- on tables, in shelves- just everywhere. Whether it is only images or a text telling story/biography does not matter- I just want them all because the way they look on display is aesthetically pleasing to me. But also for readers like me, they are great texts full of knowledge on the industry and inspiration for whatever direction you aspire towards.
Below are five new book releases in Fashion- all of which I cannot wait to get my hands on.
- Advanced Style: Older and Wiser by Ari Seth Cohen
2. Gisele. Gisele Bündchen by Steven Meisel (Taschen)
3. Reigning Men: Fashion In Menswear, 1715-2015 by Sharon Sadako Takeda
4. Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology by Andrew Bolton
5. Vogue 100: A Century of Style by Robin Muir